Wednesday, February 20, 2013
I've started a new blog for my new etsy shop and you should hop on over there and check it out! More than likely, I'll be posting on there, more than here. Come join the fun!! Also, sign up for the super awesome giveaway that ends next Tuesday, February 26th.
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Things I've learned in 2012:
1) prejudice is taught, not something we are born with.
I see this everyday in our classroom. Students loving on other students who are so different from them. It reminds me that love is still greater than hate and that if you teach someone to love BEFORE you teach them to hate, you see the most genuine and beautiful acts of kindness you have ever seen.
2) actions speak LOUDER than words.
I strive to only say the things I will live out. And I don't always achieve this goal, but I have learned the importance of this truth this year.
3) marriage is a complete blessing with lots of GRACE sprinkled in.
As 2 imperfect human beings, we screw up, we miscommunicate and we hurt each others' feelings. Its bound to happen. But I also have this incredible friend that I get to share life with. There are so many moments of love and laughter that keep my heart full. God knew best and I'm glad He did.
4) people are more important than situations.
No matter what.
Things I want to accomplish in 2013:
1) I want to sell at a craft fair- an actual BIG TIME craft fair and I want to create a shop with an identity that evolves in a healthy way
2) exercise more -not in the way of losing a whole bunch of weight and going on some crazy diet, but more of a way of living. I want to be intentional in riding my bike on pretty days and walking Max and making an effort to go to the gym more than twice a week.
3) cook more/eat healthier -I want to try new recipes and eat healthier foods without wasting
4) keep a gratitude jar -I'd like to make note of things I'm grateful for on a regular basis, perhaps through this blog or a jar. There's so much to be thankful for.
5) grow in my walk with Christ -always.
Thursday, December 6, 2012
It was a long day. Needless to say, my nose would not cooperate and neither would our students. Home was a welcome place where I sipped hot tea. Where I watched you and Max play outside and then you climb in a tree and bark at him. He was so confused and I was laughing.
There are so many things I let slip by. I didn't want today to go unnoticed.
What small things are you grateful for?
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Before and after pictures
Im pretty pleased and it was a fun project. Then my husband hung my map up! I seriously want to hang out in the craft/laundry room all the time now..it looks so cool in there!
In other news, we got a puppy named max! He is the cutest!
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
There are so many things that I admire and love about Shea.
One is his drive and motivation to be a hard worker and do a great job at whatever task is at hand. I find myself caring more about the quality of work I am doing because I see the value Shea places on his work.
Shea loves Jesus and people. So much.
Shea is one of the most intelligent people I know.
I am always learning something when I am with him.
Shea empowers me with God's word and reminds me of the Truth when I'm feeling discouraged.
I love being silly with Shea.
I love how he always makes me laugh.
I love how God is using this marriage to refine me and remind me of His goodness daily. I cannot thank him enough for the gifts He has given me, His son, my Savior and Shea for a husband.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Saturday, November 5, 2011
things i'm thankful for::
(in no particular order)
- my sweet first grade class
- craft night and the dear friends who come
- hot tea & peppermints
- argyle socks
- grace in places unexpected
- letters from my Compassion children
- shea allen harborth [oh how i love him so!]
- family that is supportive and encouraging
- community on sunday mornings
- having a place to call my own